Sunday, April 27, 2014

Satisfied Sunday: Grace

I've never really given much thought to this lyric, but the more I think about it, I just love it. It is wonderful, as a musician, to imagine God tuning my heart to sound just right, to help me respond to Him as I ought. I am His instrument, and He will use me to get glory. I've been learning this this week as I study through the book of Jeremiah.

So, this Satisfied Sunday post is kind of a two-for-one deal; today I am grateful not only for God's grace, but my own ability to express joy about that grace. When I get an accurate picture of the grace I have in Christ, I should always respond with joy and thankfulness.

Often, however, this is not the case: Instead, I tend to feel weighted down and worried (check yesterday's post for proof), but the whole purpose of the Gospel was to eliminate this fear and failure in me, and wash me with Christ's blood. If you're in Christ, friend, know that the proper and wonderful response to whatever it is that may be happening in your life is full, unrelenting joy.
We are under grace. Praise God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.