Saturday, April 26, 2014

Moment #3

Last night, something truly wonderful happened. I was sitting in bed (not the one above; I wish!), trying to pray and talk to God, but I felt a bit burdened. A lot of the time my soul feels like an anchor, weighted down, underwater. It shouldn't be this way; as a born again child of the King, I am bathed in grace. But I'm introspective, and I often feel this way.

A verse came to mind: why is my soul so downcast within me? I love that the Psalmists are poets, and emotional, and grapple with issues like introspection. But I had no idea where the verse was. Not even a second later, the words Psalm 43 came to mind, as if God had stamped them on the very front of my forehead, carved them onto the crannies of my cerebrum.

I turned to Psalm 43, which I'm almost positive I've never read before, and the first thing I saw was this verse:

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." - Psalm 43:5

I love what God can do with the little moments in my life. He's in the details, people. Don't doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.