Tuesday, March 7, 2017

a visual summary of recent events & A SURPRISE!

Once upon a time, a girl had an idea.


She would create a new blog, depositing her old one on the side of the road like a sad sack of potatoes, and begin afresh. The world would be a simpler place. The girl would have renewed creative vision. The people would sing.


But the girl, as she often is, was wrong.

And, in the process of trying to change her blog,
deleted her Bloglovin' page and created a big, digital mess.


The girl panicked.
The girl stressed.

The girl forgot her first name and wandered 
about the rural countryside for days, aimless and forlorn.


OH MY GOODNESS

Unfortunately, this is not a fairy tale, yo. My Bloglovin' page no longer sends you to this webpage but to this one. Which means when you click on my posts from the Bloglovin' feed you will have to jump from that webpage to this one. WHAT HAVE I DONE


RIP BLOGLOVIN
2013 - 2017
We will miss you always.

STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THIS

Yes, it's all very confusing and sad. 
Like high school. Or an episode of Lost.

BUT ERIN, WHAT ABOUT THE SURPRISE?

I made an Instagram account! I have been meaning to do this for some time, with little success, but now I finally think I'm ready to join the big leagues, y'all. You can follow me @acousticerin or by clicking here....maybe? I'm still not sure how Instagram works.

You can also check out my latest post on Burning Youth here! :)

+ What about you? How have you been? Not destroying your blogs, I assume? It's been a while, guys. Luckily Spring Break is right around the corner so I will have time to catch up with you guys! Tell me how you are!! 

14 comments:

  1. Oh my! Technology can be so confusing (and frustrating).. But I'm kind of glad you didn't get rid of your old blog, because I like everything you have here. Hope you get things worked out how you want them though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally was so frustrated for days! Bloglovin' just baffles me, yo. Aw, you're so sweet! I figured it would be a bad idea to just wipe the slate clean completely. Thank you so much <3

      Delete
  2. UGH THE TECHNOLOGY STRUGGLE IS REAL, MAN. :') I'm sorry Bloglovin' is being so nasty for you!! But I was laughing out loud at the beginning of this post. xD ALSO EEEP SO HAPPY YOU HAVE AN INSTAGRAM!! brb roping you into the Burning Youth instagram chat. ;)

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S HORRIBLE SOMETIMES. Why can't I just write all my posts on physical handwritten letters and mail them out to y'all instead? GAH. Haha thanks girl! And YAY! <3 I'm so stoked!

      Delete
  3. Okay, but can we just address the fact that your facial expressions are hilarious and perfect for the situation? Thank you.

    The whole ordeal sounds frustrating and chaotic and I AM SO SORRY!!! Maybe this was all a blessing in disguise. In some way. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you are the best! I had no other way to express all the feels...IT WAS TIME FOR A PHOTO SERIES. I love your positivity. It's definitely taught me perseverance, haha!

      Delete
  4. The internet can be confusing and complicated sometimes. Glad to hear you (sort of) figured out how to fix it. But it's still hard when things don't go according to plan. :P btw I requested to follow you on insta. Can't wait to see all your new posts on this space. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, ain't that the truth! Hopefully everything will work out. Oh, technology. Aw, thanks! I will go accept :) Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  5. I AM LAUGHING SO HARD OH MY GOODNESS!!!! You are my favorite human, Erin. And I'm so glad that you joined Insta!! The Insta fam is the best:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are the sweetest! LITERALLY THE STRUGGLE WAS SO REAL. I know, I'm so excited! Super pumped <3

      Delete
  6. Technical difficulties will be the death of us. (And if we lived in sc-fi world, that sentence would be a lot scarier.) But I'm so glad to see that you created an Insta!!!! I'm working on a post right not about Instagram.

    Keep being amazing, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real, girl! Tech stuff is beyond me, haha. And thanks! I really want to get into photography in this coming year and may even buy a camera. Thank you so much! :D You're the bomb.com, yo. <3

      Delete
  7. Erin, I love this style of blogging. It's unique (and refreshing) to see your facial expressions accompanied by your words.

    We've all had our own digital mess- some more permanent than others. I deleted my previous blog. BOOM, BAM, GONE! Lost into the cemetery of dead and forgotten blogs.

    Enjoy spring break!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :) Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has contemplated a fresh start. I used to have a blog back in senior year that has now passed away into that blog cemetery that you describe LOL! Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it! :)

      Delete

Go with grace.