Friday, May 20, 2016

oh hey, i exist.


Hello.....
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Major props to you, my young padawan, if you know what the above lines are a reference to.
Other than, you know, my inexplicable absence on this blog for nearly all of May.


It's not that I didn't have anything to say, but . . . I didn't have anything to say.
Have you ever felt exhausted in a good way, blessed with the business of life, yet robbed of words?

I guess with so much going on, it's good to be still.


"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."
~ Exodus 14:14


Now, without further ado, I give you:

ERIN'S LIST OF THINGS SHE WANTED TO TELL YOU 
IN THE PAST MONTH THAT NEVER GOT PUT INTO POST-FORM
& MAY NEVER, EVER BE EXPOUNDED UPON AGAIN:
+ I saw The Amazing Tour is Not on Fire and did not enjoy it. #notforme
+ A sweet girl from my office took head shots of me (see the above pic), so that's a thing. Even typing out "head shots" seems hilariously pretentious to me, as during the photography session, I conveyed giggly rays of awkwardness, as evidenced below:


+ I flew to Texas for the first time and met my niece, Teagan Lee, and got to visit with my brother and family. So much more could be said on the topic of that trip. SO MUCH 
I finished my junior year of college with all A's! Such a blessing. It has been a great semester.
It's also mad frightening to think that I am now a senior in college.


+ I have been working on designing flyers and such for my job. It's incredible how the Lord brought about just the right job at just the right time -- and I get paid to design!!! I literally could not love my job more. Allow God to provide; He knows what's best.
+ I got my first Real Paycheck, put gas in my car, and bought myself a haircut. #adult


Entering adulthood doesn't mean I'm going to stop using gifs, however. 

+ I'm learning that my struggle with body image is actually a selfish thing, an all-about-me thing. It stunts my growth in God and doesn't allow me to focus on others. By drowning in the sea of self, I miss out on the whole point of my life: loving God, and loving people. Check out this rad post by Hannah for more on that topic.
+ For the past 3 nights, I have ended my day by taking an hour long walk on the beach.
The sea is silky, the sunset is glorious, and God is good.

+ What about you? 
Please send me all relevant life updates and virtual fist bumps in the comments below.

14 comments:

  1. congrats on all those amazing things! yay for all A's and finishing junior year!
    btw, those head shots look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I really appreciate your comment about the head shots. That means a lot :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I am very critical of photographs of me, but I thought that the photographer did a great job and that the black and white was really rad. :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's good to take a break, even on the blog! ... Personally I have not often posted lately, simply because I do some work in the house and adding every day work it becomes very tiring! I see that many things are good for you, it's good and above all enjoy the present moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It can be exhausting, especially with the balance of daily life. Thank you so much for your kind words! :) Hope you are well.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! It sounds like you had a good month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Thank you. Hope your May is going wonderfully!

      Delete
  5. So sad you didn't enjoy the tour?? Why not? (If you don't mind me asking...)

    Interesting thoughts about body image... I've been thinking along the same lines myself lately.

    Updates on me: lots of rewriting (going better than I'd hoped!!) And I love youth group. That is all.

    Ps. LOVELY pictures of you btw!! You are totally gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind! :) I think it was mainly the fact that the audience was a lot younger and more hyper than I expected, haha. That, and the show was a lot more...I don't know...scripted? I expected something less....silly. But that was my own fault! haha :)

      GAH, youth group is the best. I have been praising God lately that I was so fortunate to have a solid youth group. Don't take that for granted! And yay on rewriting! That can be fun. I'm working on editing/writing right now myself.

      Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  6. First, let me just commend you on the gifs chosen for this post. I will never have too much Andrew Garfield.

    And I completely understand the ability to just sit back and rest in the business of life. Sometimes I'm so full that no words come and I sit happily in the silence enjoying life. It's wonderful place to be.

    BUT WELCOME BACK!!

    Those headshots are superb. They capture more than a pretty picture, and that's what I like adore about them. Also, TEXAS!!!! Did you eat Whataburger, drink Dr. Pepper, eat Tex Mex, and get Blue Bell? (I realize all of those Texas things are food-related...)

    Getting paid to do something you love??? Sounds like pretty fun adulting to me. Good luck on these endeavors!

    You linked to my Odyssey article!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! God is really changing my thoughts on the subject of body image as well. What you said mirrors my thoughts and heart. It is so selfish to take God's creation and turn it into something about the creation rather than the Creator. Have you read Psalms 139 recently? I read it this afternoon and God floored me again with reminding me that the point of my being "fearfully and wonderfully made" isn't so that I will get the praise but so that God will get the praise.

    As for life, I'm excited for summer and start my first job tomorrow! I'm an intern at my church's youth ministry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Andrew! I literally went out in search of a gif that featured him because I realized he has been going underrepresented on this blog, such a shame.

      It is good! It's a glow. :)

      Thank you so much! And I did get to eat some Tex Mex!! My family and I went to an authentic Mexican restaurant, and it was the best thing in the world. I wish I could have that food all the time....I miss it, even now. ♥

      Yes, I loved it! God has really been using it in my life, so thank you so much for that!! And I need to go read it right now. It is the best Psalm, one of my favorites. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I am praying for you!

      Good luck on your job! Hope it is going well! :)

      Delete
  7. You're so pretty! I love those headshots of you. ^ ^ I also struggle with image issues. That's been a problem for me since my senior year of highschool. *hugs* Yay for travel and accomplishments! Speaking of haircuts, I just dyed my hair for the first time. ^ ^ I'm now a platinum blonde.

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I appreciate it. :) Isn't it the worst? It seems like most girls I know have trouble with their image. It's so unfortunate. :( I'm praying that we can both find freedom from those negative thoughts! And yay for hair dye! That sounds awesome. I love how simply changing up your hair can make you feel completely fresh and new! :)

      Delete

Go with grace.