Friday, April 29, 2016

the text tag

So major props to the glorious Kelsey of Empty Boxes for tagging me in The Text Tag!
What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
I like Z and J. Z, because I cross my Z's, and that is always fun,
and J because all of my favorite guy names start with J. (I keep a list. For real.)

What are three words that you love?
I love the words riboflavin (legit the only thing I remember from 7th grade bio), indubitably (even though I have no clue what it means), and radical (I say it far too often for it to not make this list).



What are three words that you hate?
In 9th grade, I used to really hate the words "raspberries" and "cap." I was a strange child. What really grates me nowadays, however, is when someone says, "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi." I have no idea why?? It's not even a word, it's the name of a mongoose or something in a story book. Clearly, I am repressing some deep-seated mongoose hatred.

If you were to create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?
I actually came up with a few of my own words in 6th grade with one of my friends. They were ridiculous and had no real meaning, at least not that I can remember, but we used them in conversation sometimes. I am a dork.



I wish there was a word for the feeling that you get when you wake up in the morning on a day off, and the sun is coming all golden and soft through the curtains, and your eyes aren't open yet, but you just feel this stillness, and a contentment deep in your chest, and a tiny twinge of excitement because the day is free, and so are you. *jumbled thoughts*

What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
I love the semi-colon. I am a semi-colon abuser, for sure.

and & and ?

I'm not sure the ampersand counts as punctuation, but I love it.

What are three of your favorite fonts?
Call me basic, but I love

Times New Roman
and
Courier New
and

because they are simple, but beautiful.

What is your favorite quote?
I have so many, oh my word.

"Those who look to Him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame."
~ Psalm 34:5

This verse has gotten me through a lot of anxiety over the years:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
~ Philippians 4:6-7

I love this monologue so much I posted it back in 2014.

"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them." 
~ Lemony Snicket

The lyrics to one of my favorite songs.

This quote is at the start of my novel:

"It's strange that words are so inadequate. Yet, like the asthmatic struggling for breath, so the lover must struggle for words."
~ T. S. Eliot 



If you had the choice to have the writing style of one of your favorite authors, who would you choose?
This may be my pride speaking, but I wouldn't want to trade writing styles with anyone. I'd rather just be myself and not steal someone else's style. What's the good in that?

My question: What name, other than your own, do you believe best describes your personality? And would you ever change your name?

Thanks again, Kelsey, for tagging me! This was tons of fun. :)



+ I'm supposed to tag humans to do the tag after me, but I declare an Open Internet Tag for anyone who sees this post and wants to give it a shot. Just answer the questions and add one typography/word related q of your own, yo.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE that Lemony Snicket quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Clearly, I am repressing some deep-seated mongoose hatred." I literally cannot stop laughing right now oh my gosh. XD
    I love those quotes so much oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I seriously don't know where it came from! And thank you! You can really never have enough wonderful quotes :)

      Delete
  3. This is a cool tag! I'm stealing it. XD I've never seen this one before and my stockpile is running low lol. I love the quotes you picked. ^ ^ And indubitably is a great word. ^ ^


    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go with grace.