Monday, October 19, 2015

empty boxes



I'll be honest with whoever reads this little bloggeth and say that I really have not be dwelling in the Word properly lately.

I'll eat a quick bowl of oatmeal and glance over a couple of verses, but only to say that I did. I don't soak up the spongy truth of God's Word, and I wonder why by the end of the day I feel anxious and far from Him.

Last night I spent some time quieting down and just sitting still. I read three chapters of Isaiah (53-55), and they really hit home. I love when the Lord takes a passage that you don't think could possibly apply to your current situation in life and just hits you over the head with how applicable it actually is. It's disarming. It's humbling. It's beautiful. And it truly shows the compassion of a God who knows me, inside and out. There is nothing I can, or should try, to hide from Him, weakness and all.

Suffice it to say that right now the Lord is teaching me about how to run to Him first. He is showing me that He alone is my rest and my refuge. I have no idea what is going to happen in my life or with all that is in this heart of mine, but the point is that I trust Him with it. He will do awesome things I do not expect, if only I learn to patiently pray and wait. In the meantime, I'm going to memorize Psalm 62.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." ~ Psalm 62:1-2 

1 comment:

Go with grace.