Friday, August 14, 2015

the times, they are a-changin'

I've been thinking about change a lot lately.

I've been spending the time home from Bible college exhausted in so many different ways, thinking about the person that I am and how sometimes I want to change myself. Odd how my reaction to so much change in my life at present is to change everything about me, but that's just how I'm coping, I guess. I think about going out and changing my hair and clothing style and maybe getting a nose ring. And change this blog, and throw everything in my room away.

And I think my identity crisis is just a response to so much craziness in my life right now, and the wildness of being away from home for a year and a half, and then being shuttled right back to my little purple room of "normalcy". So it's almost like Bible college never happened. Which obviously isn't true.

But there is no "normal" for me right now. And soon enough, my junior year of college will be starting. And I'll be 22. And I'm ready for that. I'm ready to be mature. And yet, could I just stay a kid forever?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.