Friday, August 14, 2015

humans



People are so interesting.

Do you ever just sit in a public place and watch them do their thing? Do you ever just marvel at the oddness, the diversity, the love and the frustration of humanity?

These thoughts typically assail me when I'm at the mall. I make it a point not to visit the mall too often, because every time I go, I think I'll come away with new clothes, but most of the time I leave empty handed and saddened by the faces I see there. I don't know about you, but to me, the mall seems like a place where people go to die. Maybe that's dramatic, but if you really look around, malls are pretty sad places. (Broken Bells may or may not have written a song about this.)

Anyways! I just stopped by to say that I'm saddened by the world, but delighted to be falling more and more in love with just...people. As a writer, I'm very good at observing people, but in the past I have failed at having compassion for them. Christ is starting to make me really feel for folks, to love them despite knowing nothing about them. And that is a beautiful thing.

I still hate the mall, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.