Sunday, August 23, 2015

am I myself, or am I dreaming?



Lately it feels like my life has been put into a blender and I am just along for the ride.

Coming back from Bible college & camp has been hard, although it's sort of been great, and beautiful. I really can't complain -- I should be bursting with thanksgiving, probably. But I'm not bursting with much anymore. I'm just kind of exhausted. I'm less physically drained than I have been, but more spiritually and emotionally absent. Vacant. Feeling like I'm not sure who I am, or who I want to be, and how I want to move forward.

My sister & mom & I sat down for a nice little lunch at a cute Parisian cafe today, and that was nice. It provided a little relaxation and respite in the midst of what feels like a hurricane of constant confusion. There is so much joy in this life, but I feel robbed of the energy to experience it.

I wish this post was more uplifting, but I'm just sifting through my own soul right now and seeing what's there. Just kind of waiting to see what God is going to do, trying to get back in step with Him.

Also, my third year of college at my favorite little downtown university begins tomorrow. Alrighty then.

Click here for the current song of my soul.(I feel like Switchfoot's Vice Verses album is my spirit animal right now. Seriously good songs. Haven't heard them in long time. Hello, old friends.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.