Wednesday, June 3, 2015

feelin' that in-between

Not quite a camp counselor,
Not quite a junior in college yet.

It was weird, yesterday my Dad & sister & I sat down to re-apply to the university I spent two years at prior to attending the Bible college I'm with right now. And it almost felt as if this gap year had never happened, as if I had just taken a really long nap between the end of the spring semester and the beginning of the fall. And all these memories came rushing back: writing for the school paper, walking down by the bay, smiling and laughing during honors classes with the group I'd gotten familiar with, stepping into creative writing class nervously that first day. And in a way, college has helped shape me into who I am. It's shown me what I love to do and what I'm good at, and how to relate to people who don't share my beliefs. And the downtown area around my school has opened my eyes to such glories as live music and vinyl records, amazing gelato and a glorious sea breeze.

But odd.
So very odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.