Saturday, May 30, 2015

when your eyeliner gets all smudgy & you can't muster a smile

Some days I feel like all I ever do is fail. I don't eat the right foods, I move too fast and make mistakes, my words are never comforting or consoling enough for someone in need. And then I accidentally step on ants and feel like a horrible, hellish person.

Oh, wait:

"Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." ~ Psalm 34:5

I don't remember if I've shared that verse recently with you but it's so good that I really don't care. 

I have these thoughts so often I ought:

-- I'm never going to stop being your best friend. Even if we have careless and callous fights at 1 in the morning. 
-- I really wouldn't mind seeing Pitch Perfect 2 and pretending I'm 14 again.
-- Yeah, to be 14 again would kind of be the bomb. I wouldn't mind feeling gawky and uncomfortable at lunchtime, or sitting in pre-algebra class staring at my crush. We never truly realize how good we have it until it's too late. Which means I should just sit back and enjoy the current moment I'm in, because 10 years from now I'm going to cry and wish I had it back. And then 10 years from then. **what the hey**
-- Does Tyler Joseph actually have a great voice or are his lyrics so grand that they make him seem like a better singer? Hmm.
-- If I don't watch a movie tonight then I'll be Breaking Saturday Tradition and Disappointing Myself Greatly.
-- I need to play the banjo sometime soon.
-- I debated putting a picture with this but that's just not my style right now.

#CommentGame No.2: 
If you were a superhero, which {already existing} hero would you be and how would you save the townspeople with finesse and style?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.