Sunday, April 26, 2015

theological struggle bus

Why do I think that God bases His favor for me on what I do or don't do for Him? Why do I continue to struggle with thoughts of legalism and think that I could ever please God by what I myself do? Am I not already bathed in the blood of Christ upon trusting Him as my Savior? Why do I keep thinking that God is looking down on me in condemnation when that is the furthest thing from the truth?

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." ~ Romans 8:1

"When we were overwhelmed by sins, You forgave our transgressions." ~ Psalm 65:3

"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." ~ Psalm 103:11-12

His love for me doesn't change because He doesn't change.
Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.