Sunday, November 23, 2014

people that are poetry & the Gospel of glory






I would not say that I am the most thankful human being in history right now.

In fact, lately I have been more of a sleep-deprived, complaining curmudgeon. I know that my attitude will improve with the glorious combination that is prayer and sleep, but another remedy for grumpiness (as I was reminded of in church today) is thankfulness. In the past I have found that I am the most joyful and cheered of heart when I am giving thanks. So, without further ado, here is a list of random things that I am thankful for today, right now, in this moment:

>>My mother and father and the fact that I will be home on break in exactly 48 hours; my bed; the guitar my Dad gave me that is now named for him; the amount of snuggly sweaters and scarves I have amassed over my lifetime; the name Shiloh; toes; the fact that I have vision, I can see; photography; a little thing called chocolate; my sister; writing letters; the Beatles; a blog project I'm working on right now; the Gospel of glory; cheesy Christmas movies I watch with my family every year; blue font, blue eyes, blue everything; people that are poetry; paintings hanging on walls; my favorite pair of jeans; the fact that beagles and lions and skylines exist; the beach on a cool night; Bible college; pizza pie.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always. Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgments He pronounced." ~ Psalm 105:1-5

Tell me at least 3 things you are thankful for below!

**Stellar shot of the moon found online; not my own photography. (Obviously)

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for: quiet moments after a busy day, inside jokes, and pumpkin pie! Among so so so many others!

    ReplyDelete

Go with grace.