Friday, November 21, 2014

Film Friday #10



One day, they will arrive, and I will not know what to do with my heart. The very fact that they will be half of me, and half of him, this mystery soul that will come walking into my life in 4/4 time, will be a miracle in itself. And we were all little people once, and I think in some ways we all long to be little people again, after we grow up and taste the wickedness of this world and the cruelty of this life. But God has given us the gift of family, for which I am eternal grateful. And one day, they will arrive, and I will not know what to do with my heart.

>> This dapper little dude is my Dad! Yes, my father. This photo is famous in our family, fondly referred to as "The Rose Bush". Legend has it that my Uncle George was incredibly jealous of his little brother Mikey, all clad in his new spiffy shoes and suit coat. Supposedly, he pouted during this photo shoot, sulking somewhere amongst the rose bush. My dad claims no responsibility for any of this. Not sure I can blame him, sweet little guy!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post, and such a great little photo. Love the story behind it too! x

    Charlotte's Web | The London Project

    ReplyDelete

Go with grace.