Wednesday, October 1, 2014

i will dance in fields.

For the past few days I have been experiencing what one would call a Mental Haze. I went through something similar while volunteering at Christian camp this summer, a spiritual opposition stronger than I had known. When you set out to do things for the Kingdom, there will be retaliation from the devil. I remember one week I had such hardcore doubts that I wondered if God was even real. (Spoiler alert: He is.)

Now that I'm at Bible college, the opposition hasn't been quite as bad, but recently I have been finding it hard to connect. The joy from my relationship with Christ had been zapped. I was sitting in class today, trying to concentrate, but instead I found myself tangled up in feelings of inexplicable burden.

Then, BAM.
This verse.

"He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food." ~ Job 36:16 

I prayed, and someone else must have prayed for me, too, for then I felt like I had been given something to stand on again. The truth! It sounds so cheesy, but when God does things in my life like that, I gotta share 'em. Might even make that the umpteenth feature on this bloggeth: God Moments.

Other Such Glorious Pursuits of Today included receiving a Divine Parcel in the postage, learning the rule of thirds, inhaling a splendid pumpkin chocolate chip cookie (they exist), Unofficial Music Sharing Day, and writing this highly indulgent sentence.

Welcome to October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.