Saturday, October 18, 2014

Christmas Cheer

Photographs of good Christmas cheer found online.


Blame it on the *only slight* drop in temperature here in Florida, but I am starting to seriously crave Christmas. I know we're only halfway through October, but I'm ready for the Christmas morning waffles my mom makes, red plaid quilts, flannels of all sorts, and fleece jammy pants. As I grow closer to the Lord, I also want to celebrate Christmas as more than just a time to snuggle with my family around our decidedly fake pine tree. Instead, it is the time we celebrate the King's arrival on the earth. It is really amazing when you think that the Lord of heaven, who created us and gave us hands and consciousness and colors, pulled on a frail coat of humanity to live and then die for us. And that's a whole lot better than waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.