Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tree Prayers

My uncle said something that interested me immensely.
He said, "I feel closer to God in the woods. I pray more here."

So do I. I find that, without the digital distractions, without the plagues of modern day society, with only what I need strapped to my back, it is easier to speak to Him. My prayers aren't cutting through the clutter of daily life, they are floating up and away through the clarity of fresh, mountain air. I am here with the Creator of the universe, Jesus Christ, and I am walking and we are talking. It's a simple thing, really. I long to pray as deeply and as joyfully as I do when I'm in the woods.

Maybe that's why Jesus spent solitary time alone in prayer in the mornings. I need to follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.