Friday, April 11, 2014

The Itty Bitty Verses

I found the itty bitty verses this morning. They had always been a favorite, but I hadn't read them in a while. Small as they are, they are strong. If I actually put these commands into practice, perhaps I would be a fuller person.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. - 1st Thessalonians 5:16-18

I made a list of all the things that I can do to make myself the best version of myself possible -- obvious things like be kinder, read my Bible more, but also simpler stuff, like take more bike rides, and eat more fruits and veggies. Not surprisingly, these passages made the list. Have joy, always pray, and be thankful no matter what. This is what I am called to do. If I follow through, imagine how my life would look to others.

Let them see You in me.

1 comment:

  1. <3 I love the verses you posts. It's my weekly inspiration/encouragement. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Go with grace.