Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Things That Happened Today

Some days are more special than others. Well, this Tuesday took the cake. Today's events included:

>>> Name that Beatle. While talking to a pal in between classes, I mentioned the silly joke one of my professors had slipped in a test question: "Who invented {insert important scientific object here}? A. John Harrison; B. George Harrison; C. Ringo Starr." Unfortunately, my friend didn't understand and I had to explain that the last two answers were actually members of The Beatles. *rock education*

>>> Defending myself from rabid seagulls. To avoid Being Utterly and Completely Stared Down while I eat my peanut butter sandwich, I've learned to {quite stealthily, if I do say so myself} eat my lunch out of my backpack when I sit by the bay. Otherwise I may come upon a scene like the one below. (Truly terrifying.) Here's to hoping they don't get wise to my tactics!!





>>> Shetlands. During my adventures in running today, I saw a man walking not one, but two Shetland ponies on a leash. I guess they have to get their exercise somehow...

>>> Eating more soup than should be humanly possible. I don't know what happens when your mom makes lentil soup, but when mine does, it's a free for all. Get the chips! Grab the hummus!

What was your day like, friend? 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Rabid Seagulls! ^-^
    I'll have to remember that next time I'm at my improv class, it would be a great scene starter...!
    My day also included homeade gf bread, bible readin' and looking at a book of concept art for "The Desolation of Smaug" (are you a Tolkien fan?)
    I also tweaked meh blog design. Speaking of blog design, I hafta tell you just how much I love your blog name! It's poetic, alliterative and rhymes! (Ma-ple trees and Mel-o-dies) plus, who doesn't like maple trees? ;) Exactly.

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm homemade bread sounds lovely! :D And yes, I'm a Lord of the Rings fan :) Though I've never read the books. Thanks for the compliment! I love trees & music, so I figured it was the name for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go with grace.