Thursday, February 27, 2014

Grace

I was randomly scrolling through Facebook, looking at pictures of people, so many people, and it just suddenly occurred to me how much God loves us. I know that sounds remarkably cheesy, especially if you're not interested in God (or don't believe in Him), but to me, it's such a relief.

My word of the week has been "grace." Grace has many meanings for me -- it is the name of one of the central characters in my novel; it's a name I hope to use for my future daughter; and it is what I am under now that Christ has set me free.

For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace. ~ Romans 6:14

I'm under grace. And sometimes I forget that. My sins have been pardoned, my burden is gone. Maybe that doesn't sound especially remarkable to you, but praise God, the Lord has opened my eyes to see grace afresh. I've been struggling with that for weeks now, but now I see God's infinite compassion.

In other news, today was End It Day.

27 million slaves still exist in our world today, and my sister and I joined countless others, from David Crowder to Carrie Underwood, in raising awareness for the End It Movement by marking our hands with red X's. Whiiich my professor asked me about, so there ya go: awareness.

Well, farewell my cozy corner of the Internet, I'm off to go write now. My novel awaits! HUZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on that "end it day" awareness..... and congrats for writing a novel, i wish i could at least finish.one.of my stories, but i dont think i'm that good at writing.
    Anyway...good luck on that! Will you be sharing a page.soon?
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feeling! When you can see and feel grace all around you, even in hard times, it is extremely comforting and freeing.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Go with grace.