Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime

I'm sitting in my room right now, with my Vanilla Bean Noel candle perched comfortably on my desk corner, burning away and smelling of Christmas cheer. A stack of new vinyls lean up against my record player, and the last hours of December 25th are dying away. It has been a very Merry Christmas.




I will remember Christmas 2013 as a myriad of things: The year my parents went absolutely all out and got my sister and I amazing gifts, and spent probably too much. I am grateful! I will remember it as the year that we made it through the intense grieving of last Christmas, and cuddled around the house, listening to records, watching movies, eating brownies and casserole and keish. I will also remember it as the year that Jesus really spoke to my heart about the true meaning of Christmas - God coming to Earth as man to be born, and eventually die, so He could win me back to Him.

Though I often get fixated on the gifts in front of me (read: Needtobreathe vinyl, wowza), this year the Giver showed me that He is the only thing that will ever fulfill me. And it's great to be in His arms.

OH DEAR this candle smells good.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.