Monday, December 23, 2013

Praise God

Today, I am thankful that God has given me the gift of music, of lungs, of nature. There is so much beauty in the world that He has created just for us -- a radiant forest of pine trees, the sound of rushing waves on the sandy shore, the color blue, the taste of melted-in-the-center, warm chocolate chip cookies. Not to mention the people He's placed in our lives.



I feel like the Psalms especially echo this. Psalms is one of, if not my absolute favorite, books of the Bible. It talks about nature, people, music, praise. As a lover of lyrics, writing and the outdoors, this is such a beautiful book to me. It's a great expression of praise and adoration to our Creator, who calls us out of darkness into His magnificent light.

A favorite that came to mind today was Psalm 150:6. It says:

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!

Imagining the entire Earth raising up a shout of glory to God is beautiful, amazing. I sometimes struggle to remember that I, too, am a creation of the Lord. I am one of the works of His hands. But when I raise up a shout, a song of praise to Him, it's refreshing, exciting. I find that when I praise Him, my soul is fulfilled in every possible way.

Let everything that has breath, praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go with grace.